Wednesday, March 19, 2008

RSS Feeds

This should be a very useful application for libraries, both to let people know what we're doing, and in reference work , since RSS feeds are referernce resources that we could find and suggest to people like any other, I guess. Unfortunately time is a bit tight at the moment, but I did manage to get a number of book review type feeds ( all US) ,the Powerhouse Picture of the Day, and the latest Dilbert cartoon. No luck with my attempt at setting up a feed to this blog, however. As an opera fan I found a feed from some opera buff in the United States which was quite amusing since he reviews not only the production but also the audience and the house, and I did find out about an opera I've never heard off, called Dr Atomic, which is about Robert Oppenheimer and has just been given at the Lyric Opera in Chicago. However,no joy, Bloglines simply won't recognise the url, so thats that, I guess. I'll try something else some other time perhaps.

1 comment:

pls@slnsw said...

Thanks for your comments on RSS. Perhaps the opera blogger needs to add a lovely little orange icon to his/her blog! Makes it easier to subscribe. Hope you continue to find interesting things in the program.
Kathleen A