Thursday, May 8, 2008

Podcasts

Poor Evelyn Waugh seems to be under pursuit throughout this particular 2.0 training program! I couldn't resist listening to his 1947 broadcast per the BBC podcast , as it is always interesting to hear someone's voice or see them, and see or hear if they match your image of them. Interesting that his voice was somewhat different to what I expected (less fruity, less orotund and dogmatic) and that he was discussing Forest Lawn, I place I have also visited and enjoyed as I enjoyed The Loved One , was an added bonus. I guess the uses of podcasting in a library could be manifold, as they are on the Library Success wiki, and the library websites, book talks, visiting authors and artists, instructional material on how to use the library's services and facilities, library news etc, etc. You would always have to have the agreement of members of staff and the public attending events to be able to podcast as a matter of privacy and ettiquette.
Perhaps at the moment this application might have the greatest appeal to the youth segment?

1 comment:

pls@slnsw said...

It sounds like you had an enjoyable time discovering podcasts.

Ellen (PLS)